Women in agriculture
Friday, 26 July 2013 By: Baqar Shah, Agriculture Information Bank contributor
From times memorable Women have played an important role, side by side with Men in agriculture. In fact the hard part in the field is done by women, plugging the produce like cotton is a back breaking job, besides attending to the family needs, cooking, attending children, collecting firewood , maintenance of their home in most unhygienic condition.
We need to pay full attention to improve their lot, what have we done in this regard ?
1. Health. In the Field, working dusty condition, men and women to prone to develop Bronchitis effecting the lungs, as a precaution Dusk Mask should be a Must., why are they not given one.
2. Back Ache is also common
3. Lack of Drinking Water, water available is injurious for Health
4. Child Health Care is hardly available.
5. Lack of Basic Education in their required field at home and in fields
6. How to engage to some additional income like breeding Silk Worms
Mulberry trees are available all round the country, why not train them ,
We can establish a Silk Industry, Growing of Flowers on borders of their fields, for local consumption and export as well including poultry farming for consumption and sale Breeding of Fancy Poultry for Export, Poland, Japan, Thailand lead the World market. In conclusion I request the Government, NGOs, Women Entrepreneurs to consider my suggestion to improve their lot to the benefit of our country.
Copyright: Agriculture Information Bank